Dubai International Bicycle Exhibition will be taking place on Jan 12th-13th 2018 at the Dubai World Trade Centre
The Dubai International Bicycle Exhibition will gather the top local and international bicycle brands, retailers, touring companies, cycling clubs and allow both professionals and enthusiasts to experience the latest in cycling technology and innovation.
ERCC Maintenance classDate: Tues the 28th of Nov & Tues the 5th of DecTime: 17:00-19:00Location: Wolfis Bike ShopCost: Free AdmissionWe will provide you all with a work station in our workshop in order to work physically on bikes, thus improving your understanding and confidence to complete the basic and simple tasks required to keep your bike roadworthy. The topics covered in the 2 Hour class will be:
- Wheel Removal
- Removing a Tire & Tube
- Installation of Tyre & Tube
- Wheel Installation
- Quick Releases
- Chain Cleaning
- Chain Lubrication
- Cassette Inspection & Cleaning
- Wheel Wear, Inspecting for cuts and tears
- Show pads to rim inspection
- Barrel Adjustment, Movement of Brakes
- Inspecting for Frame Damage.We are excited to announce that we will be extending our Workshop Classes to a wider audience and would like to share the relevant information with you. After the overwhelming success of the Womens Wednesday Workshop Classes we were quickly made to realise that there was a larger selection of riders willing to learn more about their bicycle and the essential maintenance that is necessary.Wolfis Bike Shop, in collaboration with Park Tool, are rolling out a beginners maintenance class that will cover the basics required to ensure you can be self sufficient out on the cycle tracks of Dubai and have the confidence and skills required to fix your bike and carry on with enjoying your ride.
We love our Emirates Road Cycling Club team kit and think the just released 2018 design, looks fantastic. So good that we had a unanimous committee vote recently on its look and performance, almost unheard of. In the picture below the black-waisted jersey is the race kit and is reserved for those competing in race events. The Red waist jersey on the right is the new normal ERCC kit for 2018.
Interested in the World Airline Cycling Championship (WACC) take a wander on over to the dedicated Facebook page here
Welcome to the new ERCC website, still very much early days but basic content should be there, with more to come fairly soon.
The site is designed first and foremost to be mobile as well as social media friendly. It features sharing buttons and ability to post events, adverts and posts directly from your smartphones, tablets and desktop.
To add content you require a login, please email me using the contact form and we will assign a user log on and password, which will be emailed back. Only registered ERCC club members will be allowed to register, privileges of editorial access will be according to need.
We are always looking for ERCC content, so please don’t hesitate to send stories, pictures and ride routes in by email or carrier pigeon (usb sticks only please). We would also encourage others to share in the upkeep and content of the site, please let us know if you are interested, especially if you are handy with WordPress.
Note, as we represent our company’s brand, we have to be careful what we put up on the site, so please make sure everything is suitably appropriate, otherwise the wrath of the Capt will prevail.
Weekly Schedule For the month of October:
Wednesday: 18:00; Autodrome
Autodrome: 18:30-19:30, WACCY Wednesday; Deliberate drop policy.
Friday: 05:30; Roadsters Ride
Plus ad hoc rides on Facebook, or the ‘ERCC’ What’s App Group.
Click on the door symbol on the top left of map to get index