Thanks to Tim Harrison for being the ‘Timekeeper’ yet again for the February edition of the Individual Time Trial. A bit windy, with a 20 kph breeze from the NNW. Next month’s ITT will be on Monday 26th March, but at a later start time of 1730.
Results from the February ERCC Team Time trial, using the far loop, starting near the Mosque:
The starting order and list of teams order for the February TTT on 24th Feb:
A great turnout with 21 athletes tackling the new longer course at Nad Al Sheba. With the diversion of the track a single lap is now just greater than 9 km. The wind was the usual 20 kph from the NNW.
Well done to Ryan Christian for the fastest time. There will be separate league tables this year for ERCC members and ‘guests’.
The January 2018 edition of the ERCC Team Time Trial was held on Saturday 20th Jan. Conditions were reasonably good, if not a little cold (10 C) at the start for the ‘soft’ Dubai residents. The wind was the main challenge, a 15 kph breeze from the East.
The winners this time were Cycle Hub/Arla Protein, which was quite a surprise to the usual winners: Frontier Sports. This year promises to be another very competitive series.
Our own team the “Emirates Aces” of Chris Walker, Harald Drabs, Mick O’Keefe and Jon Williams also posted a very respectable time, well done to all competitors; we hope to see you all again at the next event on 24th February.
Another excellent Individual Team Time Trial (ITT) event at the Nad al Sheba track on Monday 27th Nov. Here are the results as well as some pictures. Huge thanks to all the organisers, especially the young Harrisons who were press ganged into time keeping duties. Decembers ITT and TTT details are on our Event Calendar.
Download the PDF ITT_Nov17
Dubai International Bicycle Exhibition will be taking place on Jan 12th-13th 2018 at the Dubai World Trade Centre
The Dubai International Bicycle Exhibition will gather the top local and international bicycle brands, retailers, touring companies, cycling clubs and allow both professionals and enthusiasts to experience the latest in cycling technology and innovation.
ERCC Maintenance classDate: Tues the 28th of Nov & Tues the 5th of DecTime: 17:00-19:00Location: Wolfis Bike ShopCost: Free AdmissionWe will provide you all with a work station in our workshop in order to work physically on bikes, thus improving your understanding and confidence to complete the basic and simple tasks required to keep your bike roadworthy. The topics covered in the 2 Hour class will be:
- Wheel Removal
- Removing a Tire & Tube
- Installation of Tyre & Tube
- Wheel Installation
- Quick Releases
- Chain Cleaning
- Chain Lubrication
- Cassette Inspection & Cleaning
- Wheel Wear, Inspecting for cuts and tears
- Show pads to rim inspection
- Barrel Adjustment, Movement of Brakes
- Inspecting for Frame Damage.We are excited to announce that we will be extending our Workshop Classes to a wider audience and would like to share the relevant information with you. After the overwhelming success of the Womens Wednesday Workshop Classes we were quickly made to realise that there was a larger selection of riders willing to learn more about their bicycle and the essential maintenance that is necessary.Wolfis Bike Shop, in collaboration with Park Tool, are rolling out a beginners maintenance class that will cover the basics required to ensure you can be self sufficient out on the cycle tracks of Dubai and have the confidence and skills required to fix your bike and carry on with enjoying your ride.
We love our Emirates Road Cycling Club team kit and think the just released 2018 design, looks fantastic. So good that we had a unanimous committee vote recently on its look and performance, almost unheard of. In the picture below the black-waisted jersey is the race kit and is reserved for those competing in race events. The Red waist jersey on the right is the new normal ERCC kit for 2018.